Friday, November 6, 2009

Logan's Birth

After Holly received her epidural at 2.30am, we tried settling down to get some rest before pushing. I slept terribly...bits and pieces of sleep here and there. During one of those sleeps, though, I was awakened around 7am by the stirring of nurses and Dr. Loeb entering and leaving our room. I was VERY out of it and had to take quite a bit of time to understand what was going on. Holly was whispering to me that she was going to be pushing really soon, so, at the prompting of the nurses, I got up and grabbed one of Holly's legs to get her in the birthing position. After a half-hour of pushing, I suddenly remembered that I had wanted to record Logan's first cries, so I quickly turned to get the camera recording just as he was being born...

No comments: