Friday, March 27, 2009

tree shopping

So, I'm tree shopping...but not for a Christmas tree...a crucifixion tree. Something that's pretty straight, not too big but not too small. Something with great texture. Something more on the dead and colorless side as opposed to new and colorful. Since spring really hasn't sprung yet in Iowa, the harvest is plentiful...and the church just happens to own property with a lot of trees.

We have a winner...
Texture is PERFECT.
Check out the branch of this tree. If I was to viciously slay someone on a tree, this one fits the bill. (Yikes, that makes me feel so violent...It was my sin that held Him there until it was accomplished...)
Now to find a chainsaw (yep, I'm definitely violent)...

2 comments:

HoB said...

Scary husband...

HoB said...

P.S. I would ask Aaron to bring his chainsaw but he'll be coming after you need it.